HardwareBanter

-   Printers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Printer language specification for Brother MFC-3360C (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=199142)

No Name August 15th 18 04:15 PM

Printer language specification for Brother MFC-3360C

Hello,

Does anyone know what might be the language/format used by Brother
MFC-3360C or any of the Brother printers listed below, and where could I
find its specification? Or if there is a free/open driver that works
with these printers?

It might (or might not...) be something called "Brother Native
Compression Mode (NCM)", but I can't find anything about this format.

As far as I know, the format is not PCL, Postscript or "Brother
Host-Based Printing".

As the same driver from Brother is used for several printers (with
minor differences), information about any of the following devices
will probably be useful too:

DCP-130C
DCP-330C
DCP-540CN
DCP-750CN
DCP-750CW
FAX-1860C
FAX-1960C
FAX-2480C
FAX-2580C
MFC-240C
MFC-440CN
MFC-460CN
MFC-630CD
MFC-660CN
MFC-665CW
MFC-845CW
MFC-850CDN
MFC-860CDN
MFC-3360C
MFC-5460CN

--
TIA,
Nuno Silva

Gernot Hassenpflug[_4_] August 20th 18 03:06 AM

(Nuno Silva) writes:

Hello,

Does anyone know what might be the language/format used by Brother
MFC-3360C or any of the Brother printers listed below, and where could I
find its specification? Or if there is a free/open driver that works
with these printers?

It might (or might not...) be something called "Brother Native
Compression Mode (NCM)", but I can't find anything about this format.

As far as I know, the format is not PCL, Postscript or "Brother
Host-Based Printing".

Hi Nuno,
Afraid not, could not come up with anything on Google, nor the
Openprinting site, except one of the items on your list which was
mentioned as working perfectly with the Brother linux drivers (but a
paperweight without them).
Cheers,
Gernot Hassenpflug
--