HardwareBanter

-   -   7900 gto overclock/ bios issue (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=162332)

Peter December 26th 07 01:54 AM

7900 gto overclock/ bios issue

I can sucessfully overclock my card to 679/800 , Im now using 169.21, Nv
driver and rivatuner 2.06 to overclock. I also attempted to set the fan to
keep it cool. People who have flashed their bios to 7900 gtx are getting
much higher overclocks there are different revisions listed on mvktech.net
I dont have a floppy drive either. So how do you flash it or is it a good
idea.whats Tia Pete

First of One[_2_] December 26th 07 02:17 AM

7900 gto overclock/ bios issue

Remember there is no magic in overclocking. Higher overclocks achieved with
the 7900GTX BIOS are probably due to higher voltage or [more likely] relaxed
memory timings. Relaxed timings are detrimental to performance.