HardwareBanter

-   -   DOOM3 + Geforce2 MX! (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=54731)

jafar August 4th 04 09:50 PM

DOOM3 + Geforce2 MX!

After reading about all the high flyers with their fast cpu's and flashy
5900's and 6800's, I thought I'd post my experience with my lowly system.

AthlonXP 2000+
Geforce 2 MX 64Mb
512Mb RAM

I used auto quality settings which pretty much sets it all on minimum and
640x480.
How does it play? Quite well actually! There are some parts where it turns
into a bit of a slidshow and I have to fire randomly hoping I'll hit
something, but for the most part it's fine although it is the darkest game
I have ever played. Very scary!
How do I do a timedemo so I can post the results? I'm
sure there's a few people out there with less than speedy systems who want
to see if it's worth getting DOOM3 ;)
I'll be getting an FX5700 on the weekend, so I'll compare then :)

cyas

--
Jafar Calley
Registered Linux User #359623

Eric August 4th 04 09:58 PM

"jafar" wrote in message
s.net...
After reading about all the high flyers with their fast cpu's and flashy
5900's and 6800's, I thought I'd post my experience with my lowly system.

AthlonXP 2000+
Geforce 2 MX 64Mb
512Mb RAM

I used auto quality settings which pretty much sets it all on minimum and
640x480.
How does it play? Quite well actually! There are some parts where it turns
into a bit of a slidshow and I have to fire randomly hoping I'll hit
something, but for the most part it's fine although it is the darkest game
I have ever played. Very scary!
How do I do a timedemo so I can post the results? I'm
sure there's a few people out there with less than speedy systems who want
to see if it's worth getting DOOM3 ;)
I'll be getting an FX5700 on the weekend, so I'll compare then :)

1. While at main menu of game, pull down console by holding down these 3
keys together --- ctrl -- Alt --- ~ (tilde key)
2. type: timedemo demo1
3. Wait for results
4. repeat number 2 (as first result will be slower to load textures
intially).

Spack August 5th 04 01:06 AM

"Eric" wrote in message
1. While at main menu of game, pull down console by holding down these 3
keys together --- ctrl -- Alt --- ~ (tilde key)

On a UK keyboard it's not the ~ key next to Enter, it's the ¬ key at the top
left next to the 1 (one).

Dan