HardwareBanter

-   -   MX420, strange problem with TV out, please help (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=50290)

Mansfield.Lad August 19th 03 02:10 AM

MX420, strange problem with TV out, please help

"scott" wrote in message
After discovering that I could run a wire from the composite out from the
video card to the composite in on my VCR, I got rather excited. However it
has become a rather unsightly ordeal...

Cut to the chase, I cannot configure the TV at the software end. Using the
drivers that came on the CD, or some fairly recent WHQL drivers (Im on

win2k
btw), I can get to the nView display mode screen in the display

properties,
but all the options are greyed out, there is no 'detect displays' button,
no display devices listed and no pictures in the boxes where there are
supposed to be pictures. I upgraded to the newest detonator drivers and

they
don't seem to offer me any sort of configuration options for multiple
displays or to configure a TV at all. I then decided to try booting

without
the monitor plugged in, and I can get a picture on the TV that way. It is
monochrome, and it stops working as soon as I get into windows. I have

tried
640x480 at different colour depths but to no avail. I cannot find the

option
configure the TV anywhere, and certainly cannot use both at once.

I'm hoping that there are some other drivers that will better suit my

needs.
I looked in the registry and the settings are not there... Anyone have

any
ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Scott

You need to look at the manual it explains everything and how to do it I can
e mail it to you if you ask its in PDF Format approx 1.3 MB