HardwareBanter

-   Printers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   HP Officejet 5740 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=199736)

knuttle October 26th 19 02:36 PM

HP Officejet 5740

HP Officejet 5740 e-All-in-One Printer
TH51L331HB
B9S76A

I have had this printer for several years, and print wise work quite
well. However lately, it will not recognize the color print cartridge.

This is he second cartridge with which this problem occurs. It is a
genuine HP cartridge so that should not be a problem.

I have cleaned the contacts on the printer and on the cartridge with
alcohol on the assumption that that was the problem but it still there.

Can someone offer some suggestions on a course of action to fix the problem.

GlowingBlueMist[_9_] October 27th 19 03:38 AM

HP Officejet 5740

On 10/26/2019 8:36 AM, knuttle wrote:
HP Officejet 5740 e-All-in-One Printer
TH51L331HB
B9S76A

I have had this printer for several years, and print wise work quite
well.Â*Â* However lately, it will not recognize the color print cartridge.

This is he second cartridge with which this problem occurs. It is a
genuine HP cartridge so that should not be a problem.

I have cleaned the contacts on the printer and on the cartridge with
alcohol on the assumption that that was the problem but it still there.

Can someone offer some suggestions on a course of action to fix the
problem.

I believe this model puts chips in the cartridges to stop them from
being easily refilled or have a drop dead date code embedded usually
identified somewhere on the packaging. Some printer models will reject
those out-of-date or refilled cartridges, possibly like yours has.

You might have a read at this link from HP as well.
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet...0/td-p/6782350

GlowingBlueMist[_9_] October 27th 19 03:40 AM

HP Officejet 5740

On 10/26/2019 10:38 PM, GlowingBlueMist wrote:
On 10/26/2019 8:36 AM, knuttle wrote:
HP Officejet 5740 e-All-in-One Printer
TH51L331HB
B9S76A

I have had this printer for several years, and print wise work quite
well.Â*Â* However lately, it will not recognize the color print cartridge.

This is he second cartridge with which this problem occurs. It is a
genuine HP cartridge so that should not be a problem.

I have cleaned the contacts on the printer and on the cartridge with
alcohol on the assumption that that was the problem but it still there.

Can someone offer some suggestions on a course of action to fix the
problem.

I believe this model puts chips in the cartridges to stop them from
being easily refilled or have a drop dead date code embedded usually
identified somewhere on the packaging.Â* Some printer modelsÂ* will reject
those out-of-date or refilled cartridges, possibly like yours has.

You might have a read at this link from HP as well.
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet...0/td-p/6782350

Try a "new" actual HP cartridge after first checking that the expiration
date on the box has not expired.