HardwareBanter

-   Ati Videocards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   MMC 9.0 motion trigger (crashing) help needed (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=45419)

wd April 29th 04 10:03 AM

MMC 9.0 motion trigger (crashing) help needed

I am using an ati AIW 8500 dv with xp-sp-1, dx-9.0a and all the
required installs for the cats and MMC, along with cat4.4 and mmc 9.0
(extremely clean install of drivers, oem.inf's registry etc.) P4 2.0 1
gig ram

I have used just about all the drivvers and MMC's since I got this
card and have never had a problem that rage 3d or this NG did not have
documentation on.

I have a security camera hooked up to the AIW and have never had a
problem using motion trigger to capture movement. Have been able to
"set up" the sensitivity of the movement in all previous versions of
MMC.
With the 9.0 I get to the screen where you adjust the "include
area" and mmc crashes everytime. Did re-installs twice, doing an
extremely clean install and still crashes . Error report Dialog box
points to a file named "DRVDSHOW.DLL"

Re-instaled 8.9 and all is well.

Noticed the Drvdshow.dll is newer in 9.0.

Can someone PLEASE checkout their motion trigger in 9.0 and see if it
is a problem specific to my computer? OR any ideas on a workaround?

TIA