HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   How to prevent rubber grip from becoming sticky? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=198960)

Mr. Man-wai Chang May 16th 18 04:53 PM

How to prevent rubber grip from becoming sticky?

How to prevent rubber grip from becoming sticky?

/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不*錢! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 不求神! 請考慮綜援
(CSSA):

Flasherly[_2_] May 16th 18 07:17 PM

How to prevent rubber grip from becoming sticky?

On Wed, 16 May 2018 23:53:51 +0800, "Mr. Man-wai Chang"
wrote:

How to prevent rubber grip from becoming sticky?

I order Chinese tennis wraps in bulk for my Chinese Olympic and
EZ-Curl Bars, also for the pull-uip bar on my Chinese Power Rack, and
my American 90lb. sets of BowFlex dumbbells.

Unfortunately it doesn't help my 128GB thumbdrive, in which the PVC or
"plastic" constituents may be reconverting to resin.

I'm also planning on changing the tennis wraps either to a leather or
nylon rope braid, although that's just personal.

My pure rubber bands, both a 5-set of combined 70lb resistance bands,
or pure rubber elbow/knee joint wraps, rubber doesn't stick but turns
deteriorates into whites with oxidation. I use a spray bottle with an
American compound from the aerospace parts industry as applicable
conditioner. I also replaced the rubber, once an elbow had healed,
with Chinese a pair of cloth wraps for regular knee insurance for
deadlifts and ass-to-grass squats.

Mr. Man-wai Chang May 17th 18 04:43 PM

On 5/17/2018 2:17 AM, Flasherly wrote:

I order Chinese tennis wraps in bulk for my Chinese Olympic and
EZ-Curl Bars, also for the pull-uip bar on my Chinese Power Rack, and
my American 90lb. sets of BowFlex dumbbells.

Unfortunately it doesn't help my 128GB thumbdrive, in which the PVC or
"plastic" constituents may be reconverting to resin.

I think coating electronic gadgets with rubber(?) is just downright
silly, unless there is a special reason. That layer of rubber will
become sticky (resin?) sooner or later.

Flasherly[_2_] May 17th 18 09:56 PM

How to prevent rubber grip from becoming sticky?

On Thu, 17 May 2018 23:43:13 +0800, "Mr. Man-wai Chang"
wrote:

I think coating electronic gadgets with rubber(?) is just downright
silly, unless there is a special reason. That layer of rubber will
become sticky (resin?) sooner or later.

Filthy and eventually flaking off little pieces. That's what happens
to treating dumbbells and iron bars with synthetic material on the
handles. The alternative is callous buildups on my palms and regular
treatment with volcanic stone to remove them. I've looked at twines
and braid patterns but have yet to try them. Calluses become very
regular in their build-up, easily ripping off into a bloody crater if
not ground down.