HardwareBanter

-   AMD x86-64 Processors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   New bios for S755max (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=8663)

Wes Newell April 12th 04 01:10 AM

New bios for S755max

New bios (A2) includes Cool n' Quiet Option. The link on the website is
screwed up but it can be found at
ftp://IP/BIOS/S755MAX/755MAXA2.BIN

Their link show's something like ftp://IP/BIOS/755MAX/755MAXA2BIN. And
the upper case /BIOS dir doesn't show up in some browsers. I've notified
them, but probably won't be fixed for a while.

Support new version ID support I/O chip and backward compatible old version.
Change default year setting from 2003 to 2004 after end-user clear CMOS.
Support AMD K8 Cool'n Quiet function.(For S755MAX)

DougH April 12th 04 02:24 AM

Wes,

I was in the middle of an ISP change the last two weeks and missed any
updates you might have posted about troubles you were having with your new
board... not being able to install Windows properly or something along that
line. I'm assuming that you got them straightened out?

DougH

Wes Newell April 12th 04 08:39 AM

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 10:24:01 +0900, DougH wrote:

Wes,

I was in the middle of an ISP change the last two weeks and missed any
updates you might have posted about troubles you were having with your new
board... not being able to install Windows properly or something along that
line. I'm assuming that you got them straightened out?

No major problems. W98 works ok. I have even tried installing WXP64 yet
and probably won't unless I get bored. I run Linux and Mdk 9.2 64 istalled
fine and worked except I couldn't find a flash for the browsers and
there's still no support for the raid controller and i had to recompile
the kernal to get UDMA turned on for the 5513 controller. But as far as
the board goes, it works well in 32bit mode.