HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Servers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   ML330 (1ghz) not seeing IDE hard drive (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=59895)

John August 11th 04 02:24 PM

ML330 (1ghz) not seeing IDE hard drive

I am not able to get my Compaq ML330 (1ghz) to see any IDE hard drives on
either controllers...

I've heard Compaq servers do not support IDE hard drives ... Is this true
???

John

Nut Cracker August 11th 04 08:23 PM

"John" wrote in message
I am not able to get my Compaq ML330 (1ghz) to see any IDE hard drives on
either controllers...

I've heard Compaq servers do not support IDE hard drives ... Is this true
???

John

This system only supports the CDROM on the IDE channel.

It also does not officially support the PIII 1Ghz processors due to thermal
issues.

Drives must be SCSI, else use an IDE PCI card.

- LC