HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Servers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   All PCI Devices Mapped to IRQ 11 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=59887)

CHANGE USERNAME TO westes August 5th 04 05:26 PM

All PCI Devices Mapped to IRQ 11

On an SP700 Professional Workstation, all of the PCI boards are showing in
the Compaq BIOS as being mapped to IRQ 11. Is that just a convention when
the IRQs get mapped dynamically, or is that a problem that I need to
correct, and if so how do I adjust the assignments?

--
Will
westes AT earthbroadcast.com

Nut Cracker August 5th 04 05:52 PM

Dont worry about it.

IRQ 11 is shared, and your OS should do IRQ steering based on the memory
address space used by each device. This is very common, esp with the compaq
PW line.

- LC

"CHANGE USERNAME TO westes" wrote in
message ...