HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Servers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Question about RA4100 enclosures (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=59703)

NuT CrAcKeR November 21st 03 11:00 PM

Question about RA4100 enclosures

If memory serves me correctly, Compaq never used special fibre channel disks
in thier RA series of enclosures. They used standard WUS3, U2, u160 and u320
disks (depending on the model, and channel adapter model.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Thanks,

LC

Mike Povall November 22nd 03 02:22 AM

Absolutely correct.

The only Compaq Disk systems to use Fibre Channel Disks are the Enterprise
Virtual Arrays.

Cheers, Mike.

Larry November 22nd 03 02:39 AM

I came across a large box of brand new fibre channel hard drives recently on
ebay. My research concluded the same thing- Cannot use them with my 6500r
servers.

They had a "buy it now" for pennies on the dollar and came with a great
warranty.

Damn. :-(

Larry Wagar
Skagit Media Productions