HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Quick restore software (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=57795)

Tomparris6 July 12th 03 10:32 PM

Quick restore software

my computer has recently crashed and I lost most of the software on my C Drive.
I tried to restore the details using the Recovery CD that was supplied with the
compaq 5-250 computer but I understand from the PC World helpline that the
software that is needed to run the CD rom is on the C Drive.

Would anyone know (a) where I could find these (I have some files left and I
just wanted to check to make sure the were there or (b) where I could purchase
this software from.

Thanks for your help.

Tom

Dan Sgambelluri July 12th 03 11:00 PM

From the Compaq FAQ

Q) How do I get QuickRestore Discs for my Presario?
A) In the U.S., call 800-841-2761. Have your model number or serial number
(it's usually on a white barcode sticker on the back or side of the PC).The
cost is $10 for the discs.
Outside the U.S., contact Compaq support in your region for more info.