HardwareBanter

-   -   Worth upgrading an GeForice 4 MX440 to FX 5200? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=49558)

Bobby July 4th 03 04:54 PM

Worth upgrading an GeForice 4 MX440 to FX 5200?

Is it worth replacing my MX440 (64Mb) with an FX5200 (128Mb)? I appreciate
that this FX is bottom of the range. But would it make any difference to my
graphics performance?

Cheers.

Bobby

Jared Richardson July 4th 03 08:37 PM

I just made that upgrade... very well worth it ~if~ you play games (I play
UT)... also OpenGL screen savers, etc are much nicer and smoother. :) Not
the best reason in the world to upgrade though... depends on you.

Martin Eriksson July 5th 03 11:24 AM

"Bobby" wrote in message
Is it worth replacing my MX440 (64Mb) with an FX5200 (128Mb)? I appreciate
that this FX is bottom of the range. But would it make any difference to

my
graphics performance?

I guess so, but most importantly you will get DX8 features making your games
nicer (DX9 is hardly supported by any games yet but you get that also).

/M