HardwareBanter

-   -   Visiontek Ti 4200 GPU Temperature (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=49478)

pete June 30th 03 04:40 AM

Visiontek Ti 4200 GPU Temperature

My Ti4200 128m GPU stays at 41c whether I'm staring at my desktop or playing
F1 2002 for an hour.
I guess the GPU is always running full blast. Hmmm...where else can I put
some sensors, how about the memory chips? Yes, that's it!

Interesting..

Pete

jaster July 2nd 03 03:47 PM

"pete" wrote in message
. ..
My Ti4200 128m GPU stays at 41c whether I'm staring at my desktop or

playing
F1 2002 for an hour.
I guess the GPU is always running full blast. Hmmm...where else can I put
some sensors, how about the memory chips? Yes, that's it!

Interesting..

Pete

How did you find the GPU temp?

jaster July 2nd 03 08:04 PM

Oh. I guess I don't need that temp reading that badly. I'll wait for the
fan to fall off. Thanks

"pete" wrote in message
I bought a Thermaltake Spark 7 HSF for my P4 2.0 and used the sensor it
came with for my video card. The P4 2.0 and Asus mobo already ha a sensor
for the CPU. And the mobo has an open 2 pin slot for an extra sensor. I

put
the sensor under the GPU heatsink next to the GPU on the heatsink. Yes I

did
have to break the old heatsink off the GPU, the Visiontek card uses a real
nasty glue to hold the heatsink to the GPU. I used a pair of 720 Channel
locks to pry it off. Let me tell you, don't try this at home. Once it
finally came off it made a very load snap and the card and heatsink and
channel locks went flying across the room(poor grip). The reason I took it
off was because there was 1/32" gap between the heatsink and GPU. The
readings in my previous post were with the old HSF, now with it replaced
with a HSF from a Gainward ti4200 HSF I get 37c. I installed the Gainward
HSF with left over Zalman Thermal epoxy that was used to hold my chipset
cooler in place. Anyway, that's probably more info than you wanted.

Have fun,

Pete

"jaster" wrote in message
. ..