HardwareBanter

-   -   Screen flicker (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=49437)

Pierre June 27th 03 07:00 AM

Screen flicker

Sometimes all the green colors disappear from my screen, leaving everything
with a heavy reddish tint. I don't think it's the card, since I just
replaced the card and still have the same problem, so this post may be a
little OT. Anybody know what might cause this?
PS - This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were
eliminated. -Mitch Hedberg

J.Clarke June 27th 03 10:06 AM

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 06:00:40 GMT
"Pierre" wrote:

Sometimes all the green colors disappear from my screen, leaving
everything with a heavy reddish tint. I don't think it's the card,
since I just replaced the card and still have the same problem, so
this post may be a little OT. Anybody know what might cause this?

Most likely cause is a broken wire in the video cable. To test try
flexing the cable near each end where it goes into the connector or
cabinet--if the color comes and goes then it's the cable for sure. If
it stays gone then that test doesn't tell you anything--it may still be
the cable but too far gone for flexing to make and break contact.

If the monitor has a detachable cable then replace the cable, if the
cable is permanently attached to the monitor, and you're not handy with
tools, check the prices of a new monitor because it may not cost much
more than paying somebody to fix the cable, which usually involves
cutting off the old connector and soldering on a new on, a real PITA if
you don't have the color coding for the individual wires.

_______ PS - This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q
and R were eliminated. -Mitch Hedberg

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Strontium June 27th 03 11:51 AM

Either that, or the guns are misfiring.

-
678 stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:

Check the pins of your monitor's connector. Something is not
connecting right.

Anybody wrote:
Your moniter is going??

--
You, probably, thought you weren't going to die, today...SURPRISE!"

-The main character in Postal 2