HardwareBanter

-   Gigabyte Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   BSOD (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=36730)

Arthur Hagen July 6th 03 11:10 PM

BSOD

"MiniDisc_2k2" wrote in message
Okay, I've been getting this error about once a month, after I come out of
standby (S3, a.k.a. STR). It doesn't say any error message like the other
BSOD screens I've seen, such as IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or something like
that. All it does is have those annoying hexidecimal codes. Here's my

[chop]
The hexidecimal codes I'm getting a

***STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x80515F86, 0xF9E6CC0C, 0xF9E6C906)

What does this mean? Is there any website that can tell me what these

codes
mean?

Microsoft's support site can. It took me less than 30 seconds to find
http://support.microsoft.com/support.../q137/5/39.asp -- simply by
searching for STOP 0x0000007E.
There's a better solution, but since you didn't specify the OS you use in
your long list, I can't point you at it. Anyhow, if you have Windows 2000
or XP, search Microsoft's download site for [OS name] Support Tools. If you
have NT, I'm not sure there is one. If you have the original Windows 2000
or XP Pro CD (i.e. not an OEM install or upgrade), the support tools are
already on the CD.

That said, the most common reason for this error is too hard overclocking.
That it happens when you go out of standby could be either if you have fans
that spin down -- if so, hook them up so they keep running; or you draw too
much power at once from the PSP when coming out of standby, not giving the
CPU enough juice in its overclocked state -- if so, check whether you can
switch to a better power supply. Anyhow, you might want to lower the
overclock a tad anyhow, as you've encountered problems.

Regards,
--
*Art