HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Servers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Compaq ML350 G2 Kernel Panic (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=140513)

Maartens December 1st 06 08:34 PM

Compaq ML350 G2 Kernel Panic

Hello there,

Trying to reinstall the old mailsserver from my work, it's a Compaq
ML350 G2 Rackmount. When I use the firmware Maintenance 7.50 CD to do a
complete firmware update, I'm getting a kernel panic while the disc is
beeing read. This is the error; Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root
fs on ram0

Even when I'm not trying to update the firmware and just put a windows
2k3 server CD in there I'm getting a stop error.

Is there someone who has something of a solution? I'd searched google
and the compaq/HP website, but couldn't find something usefull

VinceV December 1st 06 10:37 PM

Compaq ML350 G2 Kernel Panic

This sounds like a memory issues to me.

Have you checked the ram in the machine? (Amount and functionality)

VinceV

Nut Cracker December 1st 06 10:47 PM

Compaq ML350 G2 Kernel Panic

he might have to manually configure the amount of ram ... or, try installing
with only 1GB of memory installed.

- LC

oups.com...