HardwareBanter

-   Printers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   HP Printer advice (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=122907)

Jack Ricci March 20th 06 05:39 AM

HP Printer advice

I have a HP 5650 printer. It used to work fine. I installed MacOS System
10.4 Tiger on my iMac, and ever since, the printer is as slow as
molasses, it takes a good two minutes to print a simple black and white
double spaced page and I no longer have any way of finding out the
remaining ink level. I went to the HP web site, installed the latest
driver, and still no change. I exchanged email with Hewlett-Packard, and
they sent me back three single-spaced pages of instructions on how to
re-establish the same level of performance as above. I am not a novice
at computers, but this is intimidating and a a step back in time. What
to do?