HardwareBanter

-   Asus Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Hey SKYBUCK (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=127029)

Craig Sutton May 15th 06 10:33 AM

Hey SKYBUCK

Where are the benchmarks?

PB May 15th 06 05:18 PM

Hey SKYBUCK

Craig Sutton wrote:
Where are the benchmarks?

His pictures show only a chair, no bench. I did not note any marks on
the chair, but I suppose he may have wiped it down before the screen
shots he took of his room.

:-))

Skybuck Flying May 16th 06 01:55 AM

Hey SKYBUCK

"Craig Sutton" wrote in message
Where are the benchmarks?

I did some benchmarks. The most interesting benchmark was the harddisk
benchmark.

I also did some other benchmarks.

However I am suspicious of benchmarks =D So I will only post stuff which I
know is true :D

I also tried PC Mark 2006 but for me it's worthless. It only shows a score.
Scores are useless for me. Each benchmark would use it's own scoring system
which makes results hard to compare. Furthermore for me as a programme I
like to know some hard facts/bottlenecks/limitations of my hardware. A score
means nothing to me.

If you know any other good benchmarks then I am listening ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.

DRS May 16th 06 05:19 AM

Hey SKYBUCK

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
. nl
"Craig Sutton" wrote in message
Where are the benchmarks?

I did some benchmarks. The most interesting benchmark was the harddisk
benchmark.

I also did some other benchmarks.

However I am suspicious of benchmarks =D So I will only post stuff
which I know is true :D

I also tried PC Mark 2006 but for me it's worthless. It only shows a
score.

Go into the results tab to get a detailed breakdown for each test.

Craig Sutton May 16th 06 05:30 AM

Hey SKYBUCK

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
. nl...

I also did some other benchmarks.

However I am suspicious of benchmarks =D So I will only post stuff which I
know is true :D

I also tried PC Mark 2006 but for me it's worthless. It only shows a

score.
Scores are useless for me. Each benchmark would use it's own scoring

system
which makes results hard to compare. Furthermore for me as a programme I
like to know some hard facts/bottlenecks/limitations of my hardware. A

score
means nothing to me.

If you know any other good benchmarks then I am listening ;)

3D MARK 2006 is the most commonly used

Super Pi
PC MARK 2006
3D Mark 2006 (has online results database to compare your results with)
Sisoft sandra
Maxon Cinebench
Everest
CPU Z
Stress Prime
Nero CD Speed

Skybuck Flying May 17th 06 04:19 AM

Hey SKYBUCK

"DRS" wrote in message
"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
. nl
"Craig Sutton" wrote in message
Where are the benchmarks?

I did some benchmarks. The most interesting benchmark was the harddisk
benchmark.

I also did some other benchmarks.

However I am suspicious of benchmarks =D So I will only post stuff
which I know is true :D

I also tried PC Mark 2006 but for me it's worthless. It only shows a
score.

Go into the results tab to get a detailed breakdown for each test.

Dude screw that ****.

First I don't want to send any data to future mark or whatever they called.

Second I did try it.

Now I must log in or something.

I just wanna run a test and see some damned results.

I seriously doubt they will show anything else but scores.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying May 17th 06 04:20 AM

Hey SKYBUCK

[...]

Any free ones ? :)

Bye,
Skybuck ;)

Skybuck Flying May 17th 06 04:21 AM

Hey SKYBUCK

[...]

I am looking mostly for CPU benchmarks... not just bandwidth but also memory
access time.. so also a memory test etc... ;)

Performance Test of PassMark or something has it but only the full version
:D

Bye,
Skybuck.

Craig Sutton May 17th 06 10:23 AM

Hey SKYBUCK

[...]

PC Wizard 2006
http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php

3dmark and sisoft sandra have free versions.
cpuz and super pi and stress prime are all free

Skybuck Flying May 17th 06 07:06 PM

Hey SKYBUCK

"DRS" wrote in message
"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
. nl
"DRS" wrote in message

[...]

I also tried PC Mark 2006 but for me it's worthless. It only shows a
score.

Go into the results tab to get a detailed breakdown for each test.

Dude screw that ****.

First I don't want to send any data to future mark or whatever they
called.

You don't have to.

Second I did try it.

Now I must log in or something.

No, you don't.

I just wanna run a test and see some damned results.

Then do it. The results tab is in the details section. It has nothing to
do with the online browser.

Big whoopie.

It says: NA everywhere.

Useless.