HardwareBanter

-   Ati Videocards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Has anyone ever attached a home/building security camera to an ATI AiW (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=41214)

New Question August 18th 03 03:17 PM

Ben Pope August 18th 03 03:30 PM

New Question wrote:
Has anyone ever attached a home/building security camera to an ATI AiW

Depends ont he type of video out it has...

If it's 50Ohm Coax composite style (if you can plug it into your tele and
tune to it) then it should work... if it's composite video on a phono style
plug, that should also work, and if it's s-video than that should work too.

It could of course be completely propriatery.

Ben
--
I'm not just a number. To many, I;m known as a String...

New Question August 18th 03 06:07 PM

"/mel/" wrote in message
New Question wrote:

Has anyone ever attached a home/building security camera to an ATI AiW

Yes, why?

Because we would like to experiment with home video security without the
expense of purchasing dedicated equipment.

Jim Rusling August 19th 03 06:35 PM

"New Question" wrote:

"/mel/" wrote in message
New Question wrote:

Has anyone ever attached a home/building security camera to an ATI AiW

Yes, why?

Because we would like to experiment with home video security without the
expense of purchasing dedicated equipment.

I use a video camcorder and software from http://www.gotchanow.com/.
The software has some problems, but it works well enough for me. They
do have a 30 day free trial.

--
Jim Rusling
Partially Retired

Easy August 19th 03 10:12 PM

Jim Rusling wrote:

"New Question" wrote:

"/mel/" wrote in message
New Question wrote:

Has anyone ever attached a home/building security camera to an ATI AiW

Yes, why?

Because we would like to experiment with home video security without the
expense of purchasing dedicated equipment.

I use a video camcorder and software from http://www.gotchanow.com/.
The software has some problems, but it works well enough for me. They
do have a 30 day free trial.

--
Jim Rusling
Partially Retired
Mustang, OK
http://www.rusling.org

Hey Jim, like your pictures of your dogs but the lake pics come up as
not found on this server. But it could be on this end too.
Easy

Jim Rusling August 23rd 03 09:53 PM

Easy wrote:

snip
The requested URL /jrusling/lake\thumbnails.html was not found on this
server.

The above is the error, copied and paste, of what I got. Am using XP
Home and Netscape 4.78 as my news reader. Have had no other problems.
Easy

I think I have it fixed.

--
Jim Rusling
Partially Retired

Easy August 24th 03 06:49 AM

Jim Rusling wrote:

Easy wrote:

snip
The requested URL /jrusling/lake\thumbnails.html was not found on this
server.

The above is the error, copied and paste, of what I got. Am using XP
Home and Netscape 4.78 as my news reader. Have had no other problems.
Easy

I think I have it fixed.

--
Jim Rusling