HardwareBanter

-   -   Stability vs. Performance (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=131468)

Merf July 23rd 06 07:39 AM

Stability vs. Performance

Regarding drivers, and going back as far as the first drivers released and
up to the current release, which one is the most stable on a winxp pro
system? Performance matters, but stablity is the top priority. This is for
the GeForce 7800 GS.

Thanks in advance

Merf July 23rd 06 08:04 AM

Stability vs. Performance

"Merf" wrote in message
ink.net...
Regarding drivers, and going back as far as the first drivers released and
up to the current release, which one is the most stable on a winxp pro
system? Performance matters, but stablity is the top priority. This is for
the GeForce 7800 GS.

Thanks in advance

I forgot the system specs:

Intel D865PERL
Intel P4 3.0 Ghz Hyperthread 800Mhz 1MB Cache
1 gig DDR 3200 400Mhz Memory
eVGA Geforce 7800 GS 256
SB Audigy2
2 Seagate SATA drives set as RAID 0
Sony DVD
Plextor CDRW
Cheap piece of junk 15" LCD monitor (plan on upgrading that next)

EDM July 23rd 06 09:27 AM

Stability vs. Performance

"Merf" wrote in message nk.net...
"Merf" wrote in message
ink.net...
Regarding drivers, and going back as far as the first drivers released and
up to the current release, which one is the most stable on a winxp pro
system? Performance matters, but stablity is the top priority. This is for
the GeForce 7800 GS.

Thanks in advance

I forgot the system specs:

Intel D865PERL
Intel P4 3.0 Ghz Hyperthread 800Mhz 1MB Cache
1 gig DDR 3200 400Mhz Memory
eVGA Geforce 7800 GS 256
SB Audigy2
2 Seagate SATA drives set as RAID 0
Sony DVD
Plextor CDRW
Cheap piece of junk 15" LCD monitor (plan on upgrading that next)

Of the ones I've used, 84.21. But I haven't had any stability
issues with my current version (91.33 on a 7800GS+), at
least not yet.

Ian O July 24th 06 12:45 PM

Stability vs. Performance

EDM wrote:
"Merf" wrote in message nk.net...

"Merf" wrote in message
ink.net...

Regarding drivers, and going back as far as the first drivers released and
up to the current release, which one is the most stable on a winxp pro
system? Performance matters, but stablity is the top priority. This is for
the GeForce 7800 GS.

Thanks in advance

I forgot the system specs:

Intel D865PERL
Intel P4 3.0 Ghz Hyperthread 800Mhz 1MB Cache
1 gig DDR 3200 400Mhz Memory
eVGA Geforce 7800 GS 256
SB Audigy2
2 Seagate SATA drives set as RAID 0
Sony DVD
Plextor CDRW
Cheap piece of junk 15" LCD monitor (plan on upgrading that next)

Of the ones I've used, 84.21. But I haven't had any stability
issues with my current version (91.33 on a 7800GS+), at
least not yet.

How long's a piece of string? ;-) I had to drop 84.21 because my LCD
panel kept blanking, which didn't happen when I got to 91.33. I tried
an in-between (something.26) and that one had other issues for me. My
card was shipped with a 70 series driver and DVD playback was broken
with that. Seems there's a driver out there for everybody, you just
have to find it! For me, thank God, the latest has been a cure all and
i can actually forget drivers and use the machine in peace! ;-))

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0630-0, 23/07/2006
Tested on: 24/07/2006 12:45:29