HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   What could be the problem....Win 2000 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=150)

Paul \(Erie\) June 30th 03 03:05 PM

What could be the problem....Win 2000

Hello,

I just started having this problem. Sometimes when I try to open a specific
application, the screen will go black for a second and then I get a blue
screen says something about couldnt handle.... and then Performing Physical
memory dump.

What could be the problem?

thanks.

Andy Foster June 30th 03 03:52 PM

"Paul (Erie)" wrote in message
Hello,

I just started having this problem. Sometimes when I try to open a

specific
application, the screen will go black for a second and then I get a blue
screen says something about couldnt handle.... and then Performing

Physical
memory dump.

What could be the problem?

thanks.

Ahh, the (in)famous Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)
If it pnly occurs with one application, and you haven't insatlled/updated
anything, that app has *probably* been corrupted.
Re-install it.
If that doesn't sort it out, post a detailed description of your system and
the problem (including error codes), etc.

HTH

Andy