HardwareBanter

-   Overclocking AMD Processors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   help w/ amd xp 2400 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=13766)

chuck clark February 25th 04 07:31 PM

help w/ amd xp 2400

Hi,
I purchased an amd athlon xp 2400. I have a shuttle an35N ultra mobo
with phoenix - awardBIOS.
So when i run an app like cpuz, the proc shows as an amd 1800+ running
at 1.5ghz. I am really bad setting clock multipliers so I am looking
for some
help setting this up correctly in the bios. I don't necessarily need to
overclock
it but just it running at 2ghz.

http://www.largeprojections.com/cpuz/amd.jpg
http://www.largeprojections.com/cpuz/cpuz-white.htm
http://www.largeprojections.com/cpuz/whitecomp

Any help is appreciated,
chuck

Ben Pope February 25th 04 07:40 PM

chuck clark wrote:
Hi,
I purchased an amd athlon xp 2400. I have a shuttle an35N ultra mobo
with phoenix - awardBIOS.
So when i run an app like cpuz, the proc shows as an amd 1800+ running
at 1.5ghz. I am really bad setting clock multipliers so I am looking
for some
help setting this up correctly in the bios. I don't necessarily need to
overclock
it but just it running at 2ghz.

http://www.largeprojections.com/cpuz/amd.jpg
http://www.largeprojections.com/cpuz/cpuz-white.htm
http://www.largeprojections.com/cpuz/whitecomp

Change the FSB from 100MHz to 133MHz.

If RAM speed is set to with a ratio, be sure to reduce it from 3:5 to 4:5

Ben

Wayne Youngman February 26th 04 12:55 AM

"chuck clark" wrote
So when i run an app like cpuz, the proc shows as an amd 1800+ running
at 1.5ghz.

Hi,

XP2400+ = 15 (multiplier) x 133MHz-FSB = 2000MHz (Correct)
CHUCK = 15 (multiplier) x 100MHz-FSB = 1500MHz (Wrong - Underclocking)
--
Wayne ][
Concepts, Theory, Learning Curves, and woman with big bOObs!