HardwareBanter

-   Asus Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   A7V8X-X Latest Bios and Board Revision? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=26095)

Mike Gorman July 10th 03 03:14 AM

A7V8X-X Latest Bios and Board Revision?

The current board Rev is 1.01 and the latest bios is 1005. I got mine a
couple weeks back with the 1003 bios and flashed up quite easily.

I see that the A7V600 is out now and the price looks to be $100ish. As soon
as I can I'm going to this mobo. There is also the A7N8X-X also worth
considering for the 400 FSB alone. I think the A7V8X-X is a great board for
anyone who wants some of the newer features like 8X AGP and ATA/133 and
333FSB. It also accepts any XP or Barton up to 3000. BUT! The bios is
limited and it's a budget board. Don't expect that you can run things at top
speed. I'm trying and just not getting the performance I'd like. Not Asus'
fault though. I'm admittedly trying to do things on the cheap. When I run
this at stock speeds it's great.

HTH

"Mac" wrote in message
ganews.com...
Hi All, I'm thinking of replacing my Abit KX7-333R with an Asus
A7V8X-X board, but before I order one I would like to know what the
newest board revision number is and latest bios.

Many Thanks.

--
Mac

Mac July 11th 03 12:24 AM

In article n_3Pa.22365$N7.2836@sccrnsc03, says...

I've been looking at the Asus A7V8X deluxe and the Abit NF7-S both of
them are V2.0 and only about a $20 difference between the two.

Thanks for your input.