HardwareBanter

-   -   Choosing nVidia driver (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=52191)

Larry(LJL269) December 7th 03 11:21 AM

Choosing nVidia driver

I'm running dual-boot XP Home with dsktop EXTENDED to TV
using nVidia GeForce MX/MX400 on MX400 Pro-TC64S (MS-8826)
vcard. I did restart of XP1 & lost nView + TV with the
driver on monitor changed to default VGA 4bit 800x600. 1st
time thats happened in 6 mos. Just prior to losing my v44
driver I did a SFC /SCANNOW

Most important to me is that I not lose driver or its
settings. I play few games not very often.

1- What version of nVidia driver should I install? Had 44,
current=52.
2- Any strategies to avoid losing driver & restoring
settings. I did save PROFILES with THEMES in nView. I recall
when I did this b4 profiles did NOT restore color
corrections to TV (so it matches monitor) that r PITA to
redo.

Your help is MUCH appreciated. Thanks- bye- Larry

Any advise given is my attempt to show appreciation for all
the excellent help I've received here but I'm no MVP so it
may only apply NUGS (Normally, Usually, Generally, Sometimes :)