HardwareBanter

-   -   CPU or Video? No POST! (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=51876)

S.Boardman November 17th 03 03:56 PM

CPU or Video? No POST!

"Karl" wrote in message
My daughter runs a below 1Khz IBM clone and all of a sudden she gets no

POST
and no video output. She runs Windows 95.

I stopped by her house and opened the chassis and all connections are

good.
Power is there and the fans run. I unplugged all connections and

re-inserted
them, including Memory strip.
It made no difference. No signal at the monitor.

It is not the monitor, since I took the computer home and it gives no

video
output on my monitor either.

I could not check the graphics card, since I did not have another that

would
fit that slot. But now my question is - can it be the CPU if all other
things work,like power, CDROM in and out, fans etc.

This morning I have been testing my 2 x 256Mb memory sticks to see which one
is faulty. When I put the faulty one in on its own, I get exactly as you
describe - blank screen, no beeps, no POST, but fans whirring away.
HTH
--
Susan

[email protected] December 7th 03 06:14 AM

"S.Boardman" wrote in message ...
"Karl" wrote in message
[...]

Try another video card and if still the same then try different memory sticks.