HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Install Problems with an Adaptec 2400a RAID Controller! (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=39)

Starz_Kid June 24th 03 03:25 AM

Install Problems with an Adaptec 2400a RAID Controller!

Hello Kony, Thanks for the reply, as I couldn't log on for a few days...

I checked the network connections and I do have a tcp/ip stack. And to
your other question, When I go to install Storage manager-Pro, I double
click on the
'setup.exe' file and the "installanywhere" dialog box opens and seems to be
checking something... then instead of installing the software, the dialog
box closes...!!!!

Meanwhile, according to the 'blinking' LED lights, the Raid controller is
waiting to be initialized!! (blinking in sequence, left to right, then
right to left...) in a rapid sequence!!

Can't find any instructions on how to initialize in Win-XP-Pro!!

Any info...????

Thanks..

Starz_Kid...

"kony" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 05:54:26 GMT, "Starz_Kid"
wrote:

Hello Group, I'm having a bit of a problem installing an Adaptec 2400a

RAID
controller. I've followed the manual - updated the bios, nvram image,
firmware and the storage manager software to version 3.14.

Thought all was going well until I got to the last section and went to
install the Storage Manager PRO software, and IT WON'T INSTALL - which

means
I did something wrong!!! But I can't figure out what! I am using

Win-XP
Pro - Just wondering if it has a TCP/IP stack (one of the requirements)!
Where would I check that??

I've double checked the driver installs, and everything else.... Anyone
familiar enough with this controller to offer advice, before I call the
Adapted Tech People!

Thanks..

Starz_Kid...

What, exactly, happens when you try to install it?

Assuming you have network capability, like internet or (whatever) you
have the TCP/IP stack. Check network properties for TCP/IP bound to
the comm device, presumably a NIC.

Just because it won't install doesn't necessarily mean you did
anything wrong, software easily fails due to OS default config, bugs
in the installer "front-end", other seemingly non-related hardware
failures like memory instability, etc, though at this point I admit I
have insufficient info to speculate about it.

Dave

kony June 24th 03 03:44 AM

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 02:25:29 GMT, "Starz_Kid"
wrote:

Hello Kony, Thanks for the reply, as I couldn't log on for a few days...

I checked the network connections and I do have a tcp/ip stack. And to
your other question, When I go to install Storage manager-Pro, I double
click on the
'setup.exe' file and the "installanywhere" dialog box opens and seems to be
checking something... then instead of installing the software, the dialog
box closes...!!!!

Meanwhile, according to the 'blinking' LED lights, the Raid controller is
waiting to be initialized!! (blinking in sequence, left to right, then
right to left...) in a rapid sequence!!

Can't find any instructions on how to initialize in Win-XP-Pro!!

Any info...????

Thanks..

Starz_Kid...

If the installer is having a problem I'd try disabling anything
related needs loaded.

However, it does seem as though the card itself isn't working
properly, could be the problem... is the driver correct, loaded? Are
you sure the card works?

I have no experience with that card, this is what little help I have
to offer.

Dave