HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Asus Gf4 4200ti vs. generic vs. Asus fx5200 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=15297)

S.Heenan August 2nd 03 07:38 PM

Asus Gf4 4200ti vs. generic vs. Asus fx5200

Mitchua wrote:
I'm looking to spend about CAN$100 before taxes (15% here) for a new
video card since my Radeon 7000 64MB sucks donkey kong. Everyone
tells me how great the Gf4 4200ti is and I've been drooling over the
benchmarks but with the Asus and MSI versions being at least $180,
it's a little out of my price range. I'm sure I'd see a big
preformance increase going to the Asus FX5200 ($112) but the
benchmarks are significantly under the 4200ti so I don't know if it's
worth buying now. To complicate matters more, I found a generic
(comes in white box, made in taiwan, cyberlink CD, VIVO, 1-year
warranty) GF4 4200ti for $109. Is a "crappy" generic 4200ti better
than an Asus FX5200? Will I really get what I pay for? What should
I be considering here?

You will always get what you pay for. The Asus FX5200 may not benchmark as
well as the more expensive 4200Ti, but it's better than your current card.
The Made by ATI Radeon9000 Pro 64MB is in your price range as well.

--
Winerr 00B - Push Error; Removing Files to Make Room for Advertisement