HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Orion 19" monitor OS-9F (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=4218)

Dan R April 1st 04 03:57 AM

Orion 19" monitor OS-9F

I bought the Orion model OS-9F 19" monitor and it looked like a real
good deal. It had great picture quality even into the corners. It
cost about $189 at Sam's Club and it even came with a 3 year warranty.
However, after 1 year and 10 months, the screen went blank and a
relay inside keeps clicking at 1 second intervals.
The company that handles the warranty gave me an RMA number, but
packaging and shipping this 50 pound monster is going to cost about
$110 at a local mail center.
Since their only repair facility is in California and I threw out
the box, the shipping cost becomes prohibitive and the warranty is
worthless. I may have to try fixing it myself.
Apparently there is no high voltage going to the CRT. Is anyone
familiar with this problem?