HardwareBanter

-   Abit Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   problem with the power supply (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=172405)

ashiq022 September 22nd 08 10:23 AM

problem with the power supply

More than likely is a problem with the power supply. I would look for
the capacitors around the CPU socket to see if they are leaking (sort of
a brownish reside) or swollen. If in deed this appears to be the case,
The CAPS can purchased and replaced. It takes extremely good soldering
skills a very low wattage iron and a lot of patience. You can also try
to find a GOOD PC repair shop and let them do it. Problem is that
finding a good repair shop is like trying to find a good doctor or
attorney. The cost to have someone else do it is probably more than the
cost of a replacement main board.

wt1099 November 13th 08 06:16 PM

[quote=ashiq022;968902]More than likely is a problem with the power supply. I would look for
the capacitors around the CPU socket to see if they are leaking (sort of
a brownish reside) or swollen. If in deed this appears to be the case,
The CAPS can purchased and replaced. It takes extremely good soldering
skills a very low wattage iron and a lot of patience. You can also try
to find a GOOD PC repair shop and let them do it. Problem is that
finding a good repair shop is like trying to find a good doctor or
attorney. The cost to have someone else do it is probably more than the
cost of a replacement main board.

The best way is change your power supply.

wartibet November 15th 08 05:31 AM

problem with the power supply

I found that connector you were looking for
Cindy, is this the thing you were looking for?
www.liangdianup.com/computeraccessories_1.htm

It's on the list of computer accessories and parts. They have the DVI
video thing to convert that jap monitor to work with your other
computer. Just about any other kind of wire adaptor, usb connectors,
monitor extension wires, ps2 extention wires, and all kinds of female
and male swap connectors and things that I think would help your shop.
If that above link don't work then goto www.lducompany.com and click on
computer accessories. Let me know if that is what you need and give me
your email address again.

The best way is change your power supply.[/i][/color]

--
wt1099

--
wartibet