HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   question about virtual memory (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=847)

takashi August 20th 03 06:16 AM

question about virtual memory

Hi, I have just started to learn about a virtual memory for a
computer, and I am wondering if the data(or information) about virtual
page frame numbers or process page table( to translate those page
frame numbers to a physical page frame numbers) are stored in RAM. It
seems that a cpu always wants to access to a RAM, not a hard disk,so it
seems natural that the virtual frame numbers are all stored in RAM,
but then RAM would have both virtual page frame numbers and physical
page frame numbers at the same time. This seems very odd.
Could you help me ?
Thank you, and have a good day.