HardwareBanter

-   Ati Videocards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Help Needed: Identifying a card (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=43076)

Phoenix AG November 24th 03 07:01 PM

Help Needed: Identifying a card

Hi,

I just got a 9600 series card. My uncle gave it to me as a gift.
The problem now is, I don't know whether its a PRO card or a non Pro.

It is a GigaCube card. Red in color.
The memory chips are by Samsung and are rectangular in color. I think
they are 4.0 ns cos it says TC40 on the chips.
128MB DDR Ram.

Powerstrip shows the internal core clock as 400 Mhz and the Memory
clock is 250Mhz.
This is surprising, as I have never seen a 9600 with a 400/500
combination.

On the card, it says GC-R9600/Pro.
In the bill, it says GC-R9600-C3.

I get around 7555 3D Marks in 3DMark2001SE.
System:
P-4 1.6 Ghz
512 MB SD Ram (133 Mhz)
etc

I figure its the CPU and the RAM which are holding the card back.

Anyway, any guesses?
In the system info it says 9600 Series card...no Pro or non-Pro.

Guess all I want to know is if I am right about everything and also,
whether this card is a PRO card or not.

Thanks for your time.

Btw, I am using Cat 3.9 with no problems.

***
....the Phoenix shall rise...

TMack November 24th 03 08:20 PM

"Phoenix AG" wrote in message
s.com...
Hi,

I just got a 9600 series card. My uncle gave it to me as a gift.
The problem now is, I don't know whether its a PRO card or a non Pro.

It is a GigaCube card. Red in color.
The memory chips are by Samsung and are rectangular in color. I think
they are 4.0 ns cos it says TC40 on the chips.
128MB DDR Ram.

Powerstrip shows the internal core clock as 400 Mhz and the Memory
clock is 250Mhz.
This is surprising, as I have never seen a 9600 with a 400/500
combination.

On the card, it says GC-R9600/Pro.
In the bill, it says GC-R9600-C3.

Sounds like a Pro. Check it out here
http://www.gecube.com.tw/

Tony

Phoenix AG November 24th 03 09:26 PM

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 20:20:21 -0000, "TMack"
wrote:

"Phoenix AG" wrote in message
ws.com...
Hi,

I just got a 9600 series card. My uncle gave it to me as a gift.
The problem now is, I don't know whether its a PRO card or a non Pro.

It is a GigaCube card. Red in color.
The memory chips are by Samsung and are rectangular in color. I think
they are 4.0 ns cos it says TC40 on the chips.
128MB DDR Ram.

Powerstrip shows the internal core clock as 400 Mhz and the Memory
clock is 250Mhz.
This is surprising, as I have never seen a 9600 with a 400/500
combination.

On the card, it says GC-R9600/Pro.
In the bill, it says GC-R9600-C3.

Sounds like a Pro. Check it out here
http://www.gecube.com.tw/

Tony

Thanks I checked it out.
They are not terribly helpful, as they only list the features of ALL
9600 cards on the site.
No specific features were listed, like Memory clock and core clock
etc. :-(
If anyone has any idea about it, I'd be grateful.
Otherwise, I think I should just be happy with it. It's performing
pretty decently with all the eye candy up in games.

***
....the Phoenix shall rise...

?uzzled November 24th 03 09:52 PM

Powerstrip shows the internal core clock as 400 Mhz and the Memory
clock is 250Mhz.
This is surprising, as I have never seen a 9600 with a 400/500
combination.

On the card, it says GC-R9600/Pro.
In the bill, it says GC-R9600-C3.

Sounds like a Pro. Check it out here
http://www.gecube.com.tw/

Tony

It's the non pro version:
http://www.gecube.com.tw/productCategory.php?proID=5. Pro cards have 600Mhz
memory.

TMack November 25th 03 02:05 AM

"?uzzled" wrote in message
Powerstrip shows the internal core clock as 400 Mhz and the Memory
clock is 250Mhz.
This is surprising, as I have never seen a 9600 with a 400/500
combination.

On the card, it says GC-R9600/Pro.
In the bill, it says GC-R9600-C3.

Sounds like a Pro. Check it out here
http://www.gecube.com.tw/

Tony

It's the non pro version:
http://www.gecube.com.tw/productCategory.php?proID=5. Pro cards have

600Mhz
memory.

OK if it has 500MHz memory it must be semi-pro ! I think that gecube are
marketing this (misleadingly perhaps) as a pro. Non-pros are usually
325/400 this is 400/500 whilst full pros are 400/600

Tony

Darthy November 25th 03 11:01 AM

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:01:15 GMT, Phoenix AG
wrote:

Hi,

I just got a 9600 series card. My uncle gave it to me as a gift.
The problem now is, I don't know whether its a PRO card or a non Pro.

Download AIDA32 from www.aida32.hu - its free. Enterprise version is
best.

It will tell you EVERYTHING about your card... even if its been
circumzied!

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Magwheelz November 25th 03 01:20 PM

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 11:01:36 GMT, Darthy
wrote:

Download AIDA32 from www.aida32.hu - its free. Enterprise version is
best.

Now there is a useful tool... Thanks.
Gotta go,
Magwheelz

Phoenix AG November 25th 03 01:35 PM

wrote:

Hi,

I just got a 9600 series card. My uncle gave it to me as a gift.
The problem now is, I don't know whether its a PRO card or a non Pro.

Download AIDA32 from www.aida32.hu - its free. Enterprise version is
best.

It will tell you EVERYTHING about your card... even if its been
circumzied!

Thank you Darthy. Its great.

***
....the Phoenix shall rise...

Phoenix AG November 25th 03 01:38 PM

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 02:05:12 -0000, "TMack"
wrote:

Powerstrip shows the internal core clock as 400 Mhz and the Memory
clock is 250Mhz.
This is surprising, as I have never seen a 9600 with a 400/500
combination.

On the card, it says GC-R9600/Pro.
In the bill, it says GC-R9600-C3.

Sounds like a Pro. Check it out here
http://www.gecube.com.tw/

Tony

It's the non pro version:
http://www.gecube.com.tw/productCategory.php?proID=5. Pro cards have

600Mhz
memory.

OK if it has 500MHz memory it must be semi-pro ! I think that gecube are
marketing this (misleadingly perhaps) as a pro. Non-pros are usually
325/400 this is 400/500 whilst full pros are 400/600

Tony

I agree. That's why I got confused. I have seen 325/400s and 400/600s
but haven't seen a 400/500.
I think its ****ty marketing on the part of Gigacube cos on my card,
it even says Pro!
Hehe...even they probably didn't know what to call it, so it just says
Radeon 9600 Series in the display properties and in 3DMark. No Pro or
non-Pro.

Thanks guys! I checked the site of the place he bought it from, and
they list it as a 400/500 card.

***
....the Phoenix shall rise...

Darthy November 25th 03 10:01 PM

wrote:

Download AIDA32 from www.aida32.hu - its free. Enterprise version is
best.

Now there is a useful tool... Thanks.

Spread the word on it... I only was told about it a month ago...

Notice how it tells YOU EVERYTHING about your computer, links to get
drivers for your hardware, you can even remove software with it, shows
your Windows UPdates etc. The Temp of your system, the Mhz the
products are reporting etc.

its a life saver when someone says "I don't know what I have".