HardwareBanter

-   -   Sims 2 hang when saving a new sim (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=55422)

Texas October 11th 04 07:45 PM

Sims 2 hang when saving a new sim

Hi all,

I bought this week the EA game SIMS 2 game, and installed it to our PC
( 512 Mb ram, 3D Blaster 4 Nivida MX420 64 Mb, Realtek ac97 sound, AMD
athalon 2400+, win98) but can not get it to work for long;

I have installed latest videodriver (directx 9.0c, nvdisp.drv
4.14.0010.4404)
I have try turn off some part of windows system.
I have turn off all running programs (anitvirus)
I have run AD-aware to remove hijack programs.

The program allways hang when i try to save my first sim.
then i only have to reboot the whole computer.

Please send any ideés to solve this.

Thank you,

Brenden D. Chase October 11th 04 08:23 PM

Texas wrote:
Hi all,

I bought this week the EA game SIMS 2 game, and installed it to our PC
( 512 Mb ram, 3D Blaster 4 Nivida MX420 64 Mb, Realtek ac97 sound, AMD
athalon 2400+, win98) but can not get it to work for long;

I have installed latest videodriver (directx 9.0c, nvdisp.drv
4.14.0010.4404)
I have try turn off some part of windows system.
I have turn off all running programs (anitvirus)
I have run AD-aware to remove hijack programs.

The program allways hang when i try to save my first sim.
then i only have to reboot the whole computer.

Please send any ideés to solve this.

Thank you,

i would suggest running scandisk, and choose the option to do a surface
scan. If you need detailed instruction search the internet for scandisk
help.

--Brenden