HardwareBanter

-   -   Can the BFG 6800GT feed a composite TV input? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=54974)

Larry L. August 22nd 04 01:50 PM

Can the BFG 6800GT feed a composite TV input?

Can the BFG 6800GT feed a composite input on a TV, or do you HAVE to use an
S-Video connection with this card? I have a Leadtek GF4 Ti4600 that came
with an adapter -- it feeds either S-Video or composite inputs. Can the BFG
do this as well? I've tried adapters on S-Video sources in the past, and
the results were pretty poor quality, so it seems that the output needs to
specifically be designed to do this. Does anybody happen to be feeding the
composite input of a TV with a BFG 6800 series card?

Thanks,

Larry

Folk August 22nd 04 05:27 PM

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 12:50:24 GMT, "Larry L."
wrote:

Can the BFG 6800GT feed a composite input on a TV, or do you HAVE to use an
S-Video connection with this card? I have a Leadtek GF4 Ti4600 that came
with an adapter -- it feeds either S-Video or composite inputs. Can the BFG
do this as well? I've tried adapters on S-Video sources in the past, and
the results were pretty poor quality, so it seems that the output needs to
specifically be designed to do this. Does anybody happen to be feeding the
composite input of a TV with a BFG 6800 series card?

Thanks,

Larry

I haven't seen one yet, but that will probably change down the road.
Mfgs are staying surprisingly close to the original reference design
right now, with very little in the way of innovation at the partner
level. S-video is currently the only option.