HardwareBanter

-   -   Connecting pc to tv (via video out) I get no sound (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=50203)

Tea Nes August 14th 03 12:12 AM

Connecting pc to tv (via video out) I get no sound

I get video on the tv but no sound. I use the lineout on my soundcard to
connect to the tv or the plug I use for my speakers?

Robert Bindler August 14th 03 05:57 AM

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 01:18:31 +0000 (UTC), Alan
wrote:

id suggest you use your speakers
works fine for me
using geforce 4 mx 440 pci 40.72 drivers

alan

"Tea Nes" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
I get video on the tv but no sound. I use the lineout on my soundcard
connect to the tv or the plug I use for my speakers?

Do your speakers have a headphone jack on the front?

I fashioned a cable with both audio connectors (red, white) on one side,
and a standard stereo headphone plug on the other. When I want to watch
movies on my tv, I connect the headphone part into the headphone jack on my
speakers (its easier than the back). The other side goes connected to the
tv like any other a/v device. Works perfectly.

--
eel Tech
http://someguy456.computed.net/

Daniel Crichton August 14th 03 09:53 AM

Tea Nes wrote:
I get video on the tv but no sound. I use the lineout on my
soundcard to connect to the tv or the plug I use for my speakers?

I have a 3.5mm jack splitter on my speaker connector on the soundcard (mine
only has speakers out, line in, and microphone), and a 3.5mm to 2xRCA cable.
I have one 3.5mm output on the splitter connected to my PC speakers, and the
other to the 2xRCA cable to then hook up to the RCA audio connectors on my
SCART cable (with the composite video connected to my GF VIVO cable RCA
output). This way I don't have to mess around changing cables, and I can
have sound via the PC speakers and/or the TV.

Dan

Daniel Crichton August 15th 03 11:37 AM

Tea Nes wrote:
Wait my bad, i was connecting it to sound out. But on the sound in,
it only says mono. My tv is old eh?

More than likely, yes. But are you sure you connected both the left and
right audio output to the input on your card?

Dan