HardwareBanter

-   -   Interesting 'optimisation' article + benchmarks. (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=49871)

nightic July 23rd 03 09:14 AM

Interesting 'optimisation' article + benchmarks.

Don't view this as flame-bait as I'm no ATI nor NVIDIA fanboy but this does
make for rather interesting reading IMO, especially after the 3Dmark furo

http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/gffx/gffx-16.html

Derek Wildstar July 23rd 03 09:24 PM

"nightic" wrote in message
Don't view this as flame-bait as I'm no ATI nor NVIDIA fanboy but this

does
make for rather interesting reading IMO, especially after the 3Dmark

furo

http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/gffx/gffx-16.html

It was a lengthy and complex read, the charts' formatting didn't help much
at all, but the % difference was a uniquely nice touch. I like his
conclusions and I'll add this, nvidia has to put this FX architecture to bed
ASAP and get their engineers' heads out of their asses. They have already
lost mind-share momentum, can they afford to let their shader performance
continue to be 2nd best?