HardwareBanter

-   -   No Video output to external monitor or TV using GeForce4 420 Go (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=49801)

Keith Sorbo July 19th 03 01:26 PM

No Video output to external monitor or TV using GeForce4 420 Go

I have a Toshiba Satellite 2435-S255 with a GeForce4 420Go display
adapter. The computer works well.

However, when I attempt to output video to either the S-Video port or
the external monitor port (to LCD project), I get the computer
display, but NO VIDEO. I.e. if I play a video on Windows Media Player
or Real Player, the player shows up on the external display, but the
video is absent, black, nothing.

Toshiba says it is nVidia problem, since they don't write drivers.
nVidia says it doesn't deal with end users.

Is there any fix for this?

Keith

Keith Sorbo July 22nd 03 01:00 AM

Thanks for your reply, Geoff,

I have read this tips somewhere else and I have been to the overlay
controls. Two things. All that I have on overlay controls are color
management items and zoom controls. There is no place to select TV and
video mirror. PLUS all the items on my overlay controls are greyed.

Keith

"Geoff" wrote in message e.rogers.com...
Go to NVIEW then, overlay controls, then select TV or secondary monitor.
Make sure you have video mirror selected. I had the same problem.