HardwareBanter

-   -   Is this the Latest driver 6100 Nforce 430? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=175125)

Sam January 23rd 09 04:17 AM

Is this the Latest driver 6100 Nforce 430?

I have a hdtv tuner card (wintv 1600) but it somewhat choppy
picture. The manual states it could be my on board video card that
is causing the problem. They recommend getting the latest video card
drivers, but I can't find that info on the nvida website. I have
drivers from 7/12/2006 version 9.1.3.6. Is this the latest driver
version? Also, if I find one and it has problems, can I use windows
restore to get back my old setting? thanks.

p.s I have a Gateway GT5453E 2.2 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Deskto and 2GB
RAM.

Augustus[_3_] January 23rd 09 05:13 AM

"Sam" wrote in message
I have a hdtv tuner card (wintv 1600) but it somewhat choppy
picture. The manual states it could be my on board video card that
is causing the problem. They recommend getting the latest video card
drivers, but I can't find that info on the nvida website. I have
drivers from 7/12/2006 version 9.1.3.6. Is this the latest driver
version? Also, if I find one and it has problems, can I use windows
restore to get back my old setting? thanks.

p.s I have a Gateway GT5453E 2.2 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Deskto and 2GB
RAM.

Your integrated video is the 6150SE NForce 430.

The current 181.22 release supports the integrated 6100 series (as all the
previous ones also did)
Use it for the most current driver.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_181.22_whql.html

HP's driver is still newer than the one you are using, but still 20 months
behind the last nVidia release....
http://support.gateway.com/support/d...&param=1009488

Take your pick.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_181.22_whql.html

Sam January 24th 09 04:02 PM

Is this the Latest driver 6100 Nforce 430?

Thanks for your help, will try this driver. If I have any problems
with the new drivers, will using windows restore change it back to my
old setting ? I will save a restore point to todays date. thanks.

Augustus[_3_] January 24th 09 09:09 PM

"Sam" wrote in message
Thanks for your help, will try this driver. If I have any problems
with the new drivers, will using windows restore change it back to my
old setting ? I will save a restore point to todays date. thanks.

Using Windows driver rollback is preferable to System restore....
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...rrollback.mspx

Sam January 27th 09 12:21 AM

Is this the Latest driver 6100 Nforce 430?

thanks again for the advice.