HardwareBanter

-   -   What to upgrade to from a Matrox Parhelia 256mb ?? (and sticking with CRT monitors) (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=132880)

Chris Chan July 31st 06 09:25 AM

What to upgrade to from a Matrox Parhelia 256mb ?? (and sticking with CRT monitors)

Hi Synapse,

have you had a look on the graphisoft.com website to check out the
compatability tests for various cards?

It doesn't have every card - but it might be useful... here is the link:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/compatibility.php

Hope this helps,

Chris
=========================

"Synapse Syndrome" wrote in
:

3Dlabs has left the market apparently, and doesn't have any PCIe cards
in the VP range. So I have narrowed my choice down to the following
cards:

ATi FireGL V3400 128MB £173.79
NVIDIA Quadro FX 560 £202.98

The reviews that I have read show that the performance varies
depending on the application due to the drivers, and some of the
reviews seem contradictory. I don't know how noisy these cards are.

I feel like tossing a coin to choose between ATi and Nvidea. Any
thoughts?

ss.