HardwareBanter

-   -   Geforce fx 5200 DVI output resoluation can not set to 1920/1200 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=108578)

Paul October 2nd 05 05:14 PM

Geforce fx 5200 DVI output resoluation can not set to 1920/1200

hi, greetings,

I am using a Geforce fx 5200 128M PCI DVI graphics card and a DELL
2405FPW LCD monitor. The problem is, when I connect the LCD via VGA
port, i can set the resolution to 1920/1200, which is the best
resoluation for this LCD. but when I connect it via DVI port, the max
resolution can only be set to 1400/1200.

my OS is winxp sp2 and I believe I have installed the driver properly.

Any comments? thanks.

paul.

Robert Hancock October 2nd 05 08:15 PM

Paul wrote:
hi, greetings,

I am using a Geforce fx 5200 128M PCI DVI graphics card and a DELL
2405FPW LCD monitor. The problem is, when I connect the LCD via VGA
port, i can set the resolution to 1920/1200, which is the best
resoluation for this LCD. but when I connect it via DVI port, the max
resolution can only be set to 1400/1200.

my OS is winxp sp2 and I believe I have installed the driver properly.

It's possible that the DVI transmitter on that card is not capable of
such a high resolution..

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from