HardwareBanter

-   Asus Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   k6-2 and p5ab slow problem (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=27736)

Studio October 21st 03 10:32 AM

k6-2 and p5ab slow problem

I have assembled a pc with old components.
I put an amd k6-2 450 mhz on a asus p5a-b.
The system is slow (200 mips with sandra 2000), i found a lot of old
discussion in this newsgroup about the problem between asus p5a and amd k6-2
400 mhz.

Anyone have fixed this issue?

rhartman October 26th 03 05:40 AM

BigS:

Nope --- it's dog_slow. Other hand --- it WILL taken a GF2 vidcard, and
that busmaster_isa slot can sure come in handy for old SCSI controllers
.... saved my azz and venerable Nikon_Koolscan(10)! digitizer.

ray hartman