HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Server Hardware? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=580)

Computee August 1st 03 01:56 PM

Server Hardware?

Hi

I am trying to learn the basic principles in Server Hardware. Such things
as understanding the difference between using a SCSI drive and IDE, or the
power of the XEON processor - single and dual - with perhaps some benchmark
tests done on the various advantages of various configurations in the Server
itself.

If anyone could help, or point me to a site on the Net that would help me
understand the above - also with perhaps understanding the differences
between a Dell, HP, Compaq servers etc etc. - I would greatly appreciate.

Thank you.

S.Heenan August 1st 03 02:56 PM

http://storagereview.com/

http://webopedia.com/

http://www.tomshardware.com/

http://intel.com/

http://www.amd.com/us-en/

--
Winerr 00B - Push Error; Removing Files to Make Room for Advertisement