HardwareBanter

-   -   6800GT + E7205 Granite Bay = Bad? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=55654)

Gilles G. November 8th 04 07:49 AM

6800GT + E7205 Granite Bay = Bad?

Hi!

I recently bought a POV 6800GT. It OC easily to 400/1100.

However, Doom3 is not very fluid in 1024*768, AA Off, (max 60 fps!!)...

So I downloaded some bench, (3DMark 05, 03, AquarMark), and my doubt
are confirmed, I alway get bad results :

3DMArk 05 : 3300
3DMark 03 : 9800
AquaMark : 44000

That are the typical results of a much much cheaper card...

My Processor is a P4B , even if it's not the fastest on the
market, that could not explain the drop.

My motherboard is an ASUS P4G8X Deluxe.

The fact that it supports unofficially AGP 8x brought me some doubts...

Do I expect too much, or is there an AGP problem with my mobo ??

Thanks a lot for your answers, i'm completely lost there...

Gilles.

MartinKnud November 9th 04 09:58 AM

"Gilles G." wrote in message
Hi!

I recently bought a POV 6800GT. It OC easily to 400/1100.

However, Doom3 is not very fluid in 1024*768, AA Off, (max 60 fps!!)...

So I downloaded some bench, (3DMark 05, 03, AquarMark), and my doubt are
confirmed, I alway get bad results :

3DMArk 05 : 3300
3DMark 03 : 9800
AquaMark : 44000

That are the typical results of a much much cheaper card...

My Processor is a P4B , even if it's not the fastest on the
market, that could not explain the drop.

My motherboard is an ASUS P4G8X Deluxe.

The fact that it supports unofficially AGP 8x brought me some doubts...

Do I expect too much, or is there an AGP problem with my mobo ??

Thanks a lot for your answers, i'm completely lost there...

Gilles.

60 fps is max. in Doom. Limited...

Gilles G. November 9th 04 04:17 PM

In article ,
says...

"Gilles G." wrote in message
Hi!
Thanks a lot for your answers, i'm completely lost there...
Gilles.

60 fps is max. in Doom. Limited...

???

The release of Doom3 I got with the card is limited to 60 fps???

byru November 9th 04 04:23 PM

"Gilles G." schrieb im Newsbeitrag
In article ,
says...

"Gilles G." wrote in message
Hi!
Thanks a lot for your answers, i'm completely lost there...
Gilles.

60 fps is max. in Doom. Limited...

???

The release of Doom3 I got with the card is limited to 60 fps???

Yes, as well as all retail versions :)
Byru

Bronney Hui November 10th 04 04:53 PM

"Gilles*G." ¦b¶l¥ó
news:GFr.1bfb0bf2a481102f989f72@localhost ¤¤¼¶¼g...
In article ,
says...

"Gilles G." wrote in message
Hi!
Thanks a lot for your answers, i'm completely lost there...
Gilles.

60 fps is max. in Doom. Limited...

???

The release of Doom3 I got with the card is limited to 60 fps???

I even tried the console command which supposedly turn off v-sync but it
still doesn't work. Stays at 60 :).. I love it though. And to answer your
earlier Q, I think it might be your FSB. When you compared, were you
comparing peeps with the same FSB?

Rob November 12th 04 06:25 PM

This is a limitation of Doom 3, Doom 3 can't do over 60fps. Consider
yourself lucky,
my new 6800 (non GT) is only getting me an Aquamark score of 16000!!!
(2.6GHz celeron, 512meg memory, XP Pro)