HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   FX5700 Ultra (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=2497)

Graeme December 5th 03 03:26 PM

FX5700 Ultra

Simple question, should the fan spin all of the time?

Chris Stolworthy December 5th 03 04:13 PM

Yes, sometimes slower and sometimes fast but yes,
"Graeme" wrote in message
o.uk...
Simple question, should the fan spin all of the time?

Graeme December 5th 03 04:58 PM

Thanks for the reply. I've got a brand new board, the fan didn't spin at
all, until I noticed a transistor that had one pin not soldered (near the
fan connector, on the reverse side). It seems ok now. And these boards
aren't cheap, you'd think they'd test them better!

"Chris Stolworthy" wrote in message
Yes, sometimes slower and sometimes fast but yes,
"Graeme" wrote in message
o.uk...
Simple question, should the fan spin all of the time?

Chris Stolworthy December 5th 03 05:34 PM

Yeah you would think so, but it really is surprising what gets past them.
Even witht their so called "excellent" QC.

-Chris

jamotto December 6th 03 01:38 AM

"Graeme" wrote in message . co.uk...
Simple question, should the fan spin all of the time?

unless you want to roast some marshmellows over an open graphics
card:-) I would say yes. Nvidia cards generate a large amount of heat
and I would suspect it would have problems after a few minutes.