HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   s3 resume from ram followup (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=138527)

Peter October 30th 06 09:13 PM

s3 resume from ram followup

Hi
In suspend to ram I have about 4 normal resumes to every cold restart.
Sometimes it shuts itself off when I try to resume on my home blt computer.
It doesnt seem to be any chipset videocard or monitor drivers or
powersupply. Baring a format and reinstall since a xp upgrade didnt
help.Could this be from the mobo itself. If I get a new mobo upgrade and
processor I could still have the same problem. Any comments about this?
Thanks

Fitz October 31st 06 11:15 PM

s3 resume from ram followup

Mine wouldn't resume from suspend to RAM also, which was the default
BIOS setting.
I changed it to Suspend to Power, and haven't had a problem. I wouldn't
mind if
someone could tell me exactly what the difference in how the computer
saves/stores
data is between the two.

Fitz

Peter November 1st 06 02:08 PM

s3 resume from ram followup

suspend to ram is a low power state everthing off but ram. if i use suspend
to power or whatever its called all my fans stay on and it is pointless. I
have changed power scheem to allways on from desktop and will try it.