HardwareBanter

-   -   My videos arent playing... (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=135770)

ryanoa September 14th 06 10:39 AM

My videos arent playing...

I have a GEforce6800 GS. Today I installed MatroskaSplitter, and
ffdshow codecs. I've downloaded them before, yet this time after I
did no videos will play in ANY type of program. Someone please help
meee :'(

deimos September 14th 06 11:36 PM

My videos arent playing...

ryanoa wrote:
I have a GEforce6800 GS. Today I installed MatroskaSplitter, and
ffdshow codecs. I've downloaded them before, yet this time after I
did no videos will play in ANY type of program. Someone please help
meee :'(

Well (silly...) uninstall FFDShow and MKVSplitter. As long as regular
WMV/AVI's will play in WMP 9/10/11, then you're fine and it's your fault
for goofing up. :)

I've run into something similar to this before, but it was a conflict
between a Blizzard Divx variant and FFDShow causing no generic MPEG4 ASP
videos to play in any DirectShow application.

If you want to be certain whether it's your DShow/VFW codecs, then try
playing something in VLC (http://www.videolan.org). It uses it's own
compiled-in codecs (though FFMPEG, XVID, and various other DLL's).