HardwareBanter

-   Asus Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   A7N8X Deluxe Video settings? HELP (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=29669)

Tocapet December 13th 03 01:38 AM

A7N8X Deluxe Video settings? HELP

Here's one I haven't seen on here. Apologies if it has & I missed it.
but........

A7N9X Deluxe rev 2.0 running Barton 2800 & 512M
of Samsung PC3200s in dual channel.

What would be the correct bios settings if I'm running a
GF FX5200 (Nvidia chipset) with 128M DDR?

APIC MODE?
AGP SPREAD SPECTRUM?
GRAPHICS APERTURE SIZE?
AGP FREQUENCY?
VIDEO RAM CACHABLE?
AGP FAST-WRITE CAPABILITY?

Any help would be appreciated. This thing works fine, but keeps giving me
error messages.

Tom Pettit

Egil Solberg December 13th 03 02:25 AM

"Tocapet" wrote in message
Here's one I haven't seen on here. Apologies if it has & I missed it.
but........

A7N9X Deluxe rev 2.0 running Barton 2800 & 512M
of Samsung PC3200s in dual channel.

What would be the correct bios settings if I'm running a
GF FX5200 (Nvidia chipset) with 128M DDR?

APIC MODE?

yes

AGP SPREAD SPECTRUM?

no for stability, yes for reduced EMI

GRAPHICS APERTURE SIZE?

128MB f.ex

AGP FREQUENCY?

Auto or 66MHz

VIDEO RAM CACHABLE?

NO!

AGP FAST-WRITE CAPABILITY?

yes usually works. For more reliablility say no, with a microscopic
performance hit.

AJ December 13th 03 03:28 AM

AGP FREQUENCY?

Use 66Mhz since "auto" can send it sky high on this board.

When your PC gives a little they give a lot.
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/disco