HardwareBanter

-   Printers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   cheap reliable multifunction device that uses compatible cartridges (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=127638)

JRS May 24th 06 03:13 PM

cheap reliable multifunction device that uses compatible cartridges

colour print/scan plus b/w fax

USB + XP Home

any suggestions please. won't be worked hard

thanks

Jon

JRS May 24th 06 03:27 PM

cheap reliable multifunction device that uses compatible cartridges

Whoops, didn't mean to say fax

just scan, copy, print

thx

Michael Johnson, PE May 24th 06 10:00 PM

cheap reliable multifunction device that uses compatible cartridges

JRS wrote:
Whoops, didn't mean to say fax

just scan, copy, print

I have been using a Canon MP780 for about a year and find it to be a
great all in one device. I use compatible cartridges in it that cost me
less than $2 per cart so the printing costs are on par with a laser
printer or maybe even less. The new replacement for the MP780 is the
MP830 but it uses chipped cartridges and currently there are no
compatible cartridges sold for it. You might want to snag one of the
last MP780s before they are gone. Check ebay and you will find quite a
few new MP780s for sale for less than $200 including shipping.

measekite May 24th 06 11:13 PM

Michael Johnson, PE wrote:

JRS wrote:

Whoops, didn't mean to say fax

just scan, copy, print

I have been using a Canon MP780 for about a year and find it to be a
great all in one device. I use compatible cartridges

that is even worse than in a regular printer. clog the printhead and
kiss the scanner goodbye too

in it that cost me less than $2 per cart so the printing costs are on
par with a laser printer or maybe even less. The new replacement for
the MP780 is the MP830 but it uses chipped cartridges

no big deal

and currently there are no compatible cartridges sold for it.

canon does all a favor

You might want to snag one of the last MP780s before they are gone.
Check ebay

not a good place to buy