HardwareBanter

-   -   FarCry 1.3 patch is out!!! (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=55537)

Alex October 25th 04 08:22 PM

FarCry 1.3 patch is out!!!

http://www.farcry.ubi.com/

guess October 26th 04 02:34 AM

Excellent!! I might try reinstalling it, and see if I get all my sound when
I play.

"Alex" alex@home wrote in message
http://www.farcry.ubi.com/

N´far October 26th 04 09:01 PM

"Cole Turner" skrev i en meddelelse
... there came a great "Alex" alex@home flying, and he bore tidings
beyond hope, crying:

http://www.farcry.ubi.com/

good news :)
--
Johnny: [plugging back in the runway lights]
"Just kidding."

Unfort. a major FPS decrease.

66.81, 1024x768/VH/UH only arround 20 to 35 FPS.

What did I do wrong ? ;-)

@ndrew October 26th 04 09:44 PM

N4far wrote:

"Cole Turner" skrev i en
meddelelse ...
... there came a great "Alex" alex@home flying, and he bore
tidings beyond hope, crying:

http://www.farcry.ubi.com/

good news :)
--
Johnny: [plugging back in the runway lights]
"Just kidding."
('Airplane!', 1980)

Unfort. a major FPS decrease.

66.81, 1024x768/VH/UH only arround 20 to 35 FPS.

What did I do wrong ? ;-)

Hard to tell because we don't know what video card you are using.

regards

@ndrew

N´far October 26th 04 10:27 PM

"@ndrew" andrewratinternodedotondotnet skrev i en meddelelse

Hard to tell because we don't know what video card you are using.

6800LE

Richard Dower October 26th 04 11:03 PM

"N´far" wrote in message
. ..

6800LE

LOL!

Friendly Guru October 27th 04 05:31 AM

"Alex" alex@home wrote in message

http://www.farcry.ubi.com/

1.3 Works flawlessly so far on my 2K/6800/3000+ box.

I tried _hdr, and I wasn't very impressed, no more so than say, "Improved"
under shader selections, or "Paradise".

FPS did drop, but 10x7 was still playable and fun with _hdr=7.

Scotter October 27th 04 05:34 AM

What is "_hdr=7"?

Friendly Guru October 27th 04 04:13 PM

"Cole Turner" wrote in message

sorry for the noob question, but what is hdr?

HDR, in Far Cry is, "High Dynamic Range" a special rendering method using
vivd coloring and lighting techniques.

Check out the entry in TweakGuides, and the myriad other complex entries to
personalize FC.

http://www.tweakguides.com/Farcry_9.html

Shaders are proving themselves to be valuable resources....

N´far October 27th 04 04:16 PM

"Richard Dower" skrev i en meddelelse

"N´far" wrote in message
. ..

6800LE

LOL!

"I am eternally grateful for your answer, which not only completely
solved my problem with the FPS drop but will also magically turn the
rest of my life into bliss. So please give me your address so that I
can send you a $500 check, no, make that a blank check -- your advice
was that good. ;)"

*larrymoencurly, 10-06-04