HardwareBanter

-   -   PNY GForce FX 5600 Ultra (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=53370)

Graywolf February 22nd 04 06:10 AM

PNY GForce FX 5600 Ultra

I installed a new PNY FX 5600 Ultra and since then I hav not been able to
play any 3D type games. I have updated all the drivers and Direct X also Via
chip set drivers, still nothing. XP and on browser games work well. Any
suggestions? Is anyone else having this problem?

Dark Avenger February 22nd 04 11:15 AM

"Graywolf" wrote in message news:rJXZb.6874$rd2.2193@lakeread05...
I installed a new PNY FX 5600 Ultra and since then I hav not been able to
play any 3D type games. I have updated all the drivers and Direct X also Via
chip set drivers, still nothing. XP and on browser games work well. Any
suggestions? Is anyone else having this problem?

Strange, you are sure you didn't install the stupid WDM driver windows
update offered, if you did that it's not crazy why 3d doesn't works!

Dark Avenger February 23rd 04 04:58 PM

"Graywolf" wrote in message

I installed a new PNY FX 5600 Ultra and since then I hav not been able

play any 3D type games. I have updated all the drivers and Direct X also

Via
chip set drivers, still nothing. XP and on browser games work well.

Any
suggestions? Is anyone else having this problem?

Strange, you are sure you didn't install the stupid WDM driver windows
update offered, if you did that it's not crazy why 3d doesn't works!

what dus DXDIAG says... maybe that can tell what not works...

Graywolf February 24th 04 01:21 AM

I installed a new PNY FX 5600 Ultra and since then I hav not been
able
play any 3D type games. I have updated all the drivers and Direct X

also
Via
chip set drivers, still nothing. XP and on browser games work well.

Any
suggestions? Is anyone else having this problem?

Strange, you are sure you didn't install the stupid WDM driver windows
update offered, if you did that it's not crazy why 3d doesn't works!

what dus DXDIAG says... maybe that can tell what not works...

DXDiag is great no problems. I changed the Bios last night from VGA PCI
device to VGA AGP device and I got Call of Duty to run with no problem but
still none of the other games will run neither will 3DMark03, it locks up.